A collection and selection of my writing, reading, views and news.
Write-Place: Dear Diary - Mother's Day - 2020
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Write-Place: Dear Diary - Mother's Day - 2020: I knew weeks ago that I ought to be keeping a daily diary on here or elsewhere of events, appointments, thoughts, feelings and opinions. I...
Whether it's one of those coincidence things or just that sometimes things do work nicely together, it's good when it happens. I am pleased to announce on this blog that Facebook page Remembering Maltby has to date 585 members in just over a week. I am more than a little overwhelmed with the interest in it and am looking forward to collating all the pictures and stories together to make an invaluable historical record, made by the community. Feedback about this has been amazing and there's some brilliant photographs, memories and stories being shared between 3 or 4 generations of Maltby people. Some are Maltby born and bred, some were born elsewhere but now call Maltby their home, some spent their childhood here but now live on the other side of the world. At the risk of sounding too sentimental, it really is wonderful to be part of this and I am very grateful for everyone's responses. The other thing that I'm chuffed about is this ... I am the winner of Janua...
Arriving at Manchester Airport recently to re - enter England / United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland / European Union I was faced with the option of two queues for passport control - EU or Non EU. My passport looks like this and so I do know that I am classed as EU (despite having 2 conversations in the streets in Istanbul about what type of money the British use. It seems that many non EU citizens can not believe that we do not use the Euro and wanted clarification that GBP is still in existence). I had traveled within the EU using this newly issued passport, but not taken much notice of the symbol of the bio metric facility on it. ePassport gates are automated, where a passport reader and camera, rather than a border officer - in theory - verifies your identity and checks your ‘chipped’ passport. To use the ePassport gates, you must have a ‘chipped’ biometric UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport. These ePassp...
I've been trying to - but for now anyway, I've given up. Granted I don't feel or appear very human most mornings. I blame it on a multitude of things from medication to reading until I fall asleep (then waking and reading more, falling asleep again and repeating this process umpteen times in one night ) But I thought that even I could prove what species I am or I'm not, to a laptop. Apparently not. I'd just read a very good blog post by Sandra Patterson and was keen to respond with my comments. So I typed the paragraph into the comments box on Google Blogger and followed the instructions which were "Please type the two words". I dutifully typed 02 mighta Now, I know you think you are already onto this. I did too. After all, anyone knows that that's not two words, but two numerals and a word. In fact it's not even a word technically, but let's not go there just now. So I then typed in mighta on it's own. Maybe the trick...
Comments
Mother's Day 2022 Date