Every Picture Tells a Story - Remembering Maltby

Whether it's one of those coincidence things or just that sometimes things do work nicely together, it's good when it happens.

I am pleased to announce on this blog that Facebook page Remembering Maltby has to date 585 members in just over a week. I am more than a little overwhelmed with the interest in it and am looking forward to collating all the pictures and stories together to make an invaluable historical record, made by the community. Feedback about this has been amazing and there's some brilliant photographs, memories and stories being shared between 3 or 4 generations of Maltby people. Some are Maltby born and bred, some were born elsewhere but now call Maltby their home, some spent their childhood here but now live on the other side of the world. At the risk of sounding too sentimental, it really is wonderful to be part of this and I am very grateful for everyone's responses.

The other thing that I'm chuffed about is this ...
I am the winner of January's One Word Challenge prose competition on Writers-Online. Very pleased about this - though I don't relish the 'prize' which is to judge this month's competition. Not an easy task.
However, why I am really pleased is that I based my 200 words entry (on the word 'shift' on a picture that Stewart Platt has drawn from an old photograph of Maltby, which is now on the Remembering Maltby Facebook page. 


"The Well"  by Stewart Platt


Take a look at Remembering Maltby's Facebook page to compare with the actual photograph.

To read "The Well" by Brenda Gunning look at my next blogpost.

Enjoy ! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral

To Where We Belong - Musings on a mill pond

Seventy Five Years On - "I Am Neveen" - A Palestinian Child's Story