What's a Blog for?

After thinking today what my next post would be, I have decided that sometimes I will use this blog as a kind of diary. Whether anyone reads it and wants to comment on the diary entries is debatable (and optional!) but as the original idea was to "write", I think this is what I need to do. It seems that blogging can easily become an excuse not to write anything purposeful - either because of a time shortage or because of getting deeply involved in a topic that was not necessarily your first choice for thinking about.
Then again, whatever is transferred from thoughts to paper/screen is "writing" and so perhaps I am already contradicting myself.

Today has been one of those days that shows how transient life is. From my Mother telling me that my forty five year old cousin had only 48 hours to live, to my Uncle (his father) telling me of his death a few hours later....to the news of the birth of a healthy baby boy in another branch of my family. Perhaps we don't need to think of "subjects" for writing about or for discussion. Life itself is a story to be a character in and a tale to be told.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral

To Where We Belong - Musings on a mill pond

Seventy Five Years On - "I Am Neveen" - A Palestinian Child's Story