Glass - 'Diving For Pearls'


(200 words or less on the theme of 'glass')


 Diving for Pearls



What you see is what you get.

That’s what I used to tell people. But lately that’s not quite true. 

It seems that there are elements of myself that cannot be seen but are certainly there and almost conscious, almost tangible, but not quite. 

I recount my memories and they write down my stories though I don’t really remember 
some of the events that I recall. They seem pleased when I describe particular things and it’s easier to go along with them than question it. It’s not my problem that they need to search for who I am. The looking glass has always been my confirmation of that.                                        
So I talk their language and I take their pills and now when I see more than one reflection in  the mirror, it is no longer a contradiction but a truth.

They say it’s DID - Disassociate Identity Disorder.

I say, it’s only me.

I am multi-faceted. I know now that I am more than a clichéd thought, because there’s more to me than meets the eye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral

To Where We Belong - Musings on a mill pond

Seventy Five Years On - "I Am Neveen" - A Palestinian Child's Story