Looking for a Freelance, Part Time, Work from Home, Writing Job ? Yes... me too.

Having not put pen to paper or rather fingers to keyboard to write anything more creative than a comment and share on Facebook or Twitter - some serious but mostly trivial or joking - I somehow found myself being directed from an Author Community post to a "Freelance Writer" website, this morning.  I say "somehow" as if it was a surprise to me, but as the speedy diversion from one activity to another is how my life runs these days, it wasn't surprising at all. Whether this is a sign of old age, lack of concentration or plain stupidity (probably all three and more) I do it constantly, much to my own annoyance. 
I put bread in the toaster and fill the kettle to make tea or coffee and notice that the tea towels washed earlier are still sitting in the washing machine, so pick them out and begin to hang them on the line. I wonder where the peg bag was left, and a search for it down the garden begins, involving a quick sweep of the path, pulling up a couple of weeds, and a rake of the lumpy soil where I intend planting some broad beans at some point. I am now at the chicken area and they are all screeching at me, so I go back down the garden to get something to feed them, followed by two dogs who think its time for a walk, then into the house to get their leads. The toast is of course burning by now and I haven't even switched the kettle on ... ... and so it goes on throughout the day until there are so many half started activities that I don't know where to begin to complete any one.

So, some freelance writing work, part time, from home would be a nice little earner that I could easily fit in around all these unfinished activities, I was thinking.

The list of topics that need writing about seems endless - news, fashion, hair, beauty, travel, medical, pets, hobbies, food, drink,community, music, to name just some.
I scanned through numerous adverts, searching for the first one that I would write to saying : tell me the topic and I will research it and write about it for you.

Alas, I fell at the first hurdle, as it's said (not that I would use cliches in my writing, of course) The hurdle in this being my CV, which every employer with a writer vacancy is asking for. Now, I've amended, updated and re-hashed my - and many others - CV over the years. I probably still have printed copies somewhere, and almost certainly have pages extolling the virtues of my work and ethics saved on memory sticks and hard drives. But a current one ie. one that takes us from my past to the present, does not exist and if I started one today, it would undoubtedly become another item on the list of "to do".
 (Further information on my experiences of "Lists" can be found in the archives of this blog circa 2010)

Perhaps amongst the freelancing opportunities and writing jobs available, there is a freelancer who could write my CV ?
Preferably without me having to do anything except attach it to my application letter, of course. Meanwhile, I am available to write about anything else that is waiting to be written. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral

To Where We Belong - Musings on a mill pond

Seventy Five Years On - "I Am Neveen" - A Palestinian Child's Story