My entry (and winner of November's (24 lines) 

 Here in the place where our story began 
Walk down the road to the house we once knew 
Hold onto my hand as we pass by the stream 
Keep to the path where the children once ran 
 Take the latch from the old gate and let it swing free 
Follow the trail of the borders of green Take from your pocket the key made of brass 
Unlock the door to which was known as the hall 
Turn to the stairs which will lead to our room 
Pause at the fifth, even sit where I sat while I waited and listened and longed for your call
 Climb to the landing that's carpeted grey Look through the window, remember the view 
Reach for the handle, turn it sharp to the right 
Open the door to the room where we lay 
 Lie on the bed with your face to the sun Feel the smooth warmth of the blanket and sheets Place your hand on your heart and imagine it’s mine Prove to yourself that the future’s begun Hope what you have are the things that you sought Cry as I do for the time that has passed Know that you've left this dark space in my soul Hollowed and empty, devoid of all thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral

To Where We Belong - Musings on a mill pond

Seventy Five Years On - "I Am Neveen" - A Palestinian Child's Story