Too private, too public or just right ?

"I could write a biography about me. But all the things I 'liked' and all the groups I joined already told my story "

Someone just sent me this from a website called "Likelicious", where people post a little piece about what they like (hence the name ) The posts are anonymous.
Made me think that yes, that could almost be me yet I do enjoy this "networking " game, time wasting/consuming though it is. I am a talker - whether verbally or written (though on a bad day I am more comprehensible when writing than talking and on a really bad day I am just completely incomprehensible!)
I am the person who you tell your life story to during twenty minutes in the doctors waiting room - and you will hear a good bit about mine too, though we will probably never meet again.
Good or bad for me ? Good or bad for you ? Where do you fit onto this scale of public v private ?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm the person who will listen to your life story in the doctors, but you will go away not knowing much about me at all.
Lexia257 said…
Ah...
I hope that is because you prefer it that way Christine, and not that you don't feel people listen !

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral

To Where We Belong - Musings on a mill pond

Seventy Five Years On - "I Am Neveen" - A Palestinian Child's Story