Well Said, Mr Micawber - Something Mostly Does Turn Up

Here we are, already on the 3rd day of the new year of 2023 and I have been berating myself over the weekend for not having a thought or two worth expressing here about anything at all. 

Anyone looking back over the 14 or so years of this blog will see that this is by no means a new 'thing' for me, and a simple search of " New Year" "Christmas" or even "Time" finds me castigating myself for not writing a post, the timing of a post or for the feelings and thoughts that I should or shouldn't have had about the season. 

(I have posted handy links for some of these posts to save the reader searching themselves, which is a thankless task :) ) 

So where does Mr Micawber come into this ?

He is a character in Charles Dickens' book "David Copperfield" and is renowned for many sayings which we use in everyday situations, such as "Something will turn up". Here, I need to explain that his quotations come about due to his inability to drag himself out of poverty, not because he procrastinates about a blog post - though he does quote the proverb "Procrastination is the thief of time".             

Today I have 'met' and had a telephone conversation with someone who works with Voluntary Action Rotherham an organisation which supports, develops and promotes the voluntary and community sector in the Rotherham borough (varotherham.org.uk) Our discussion was about how, I might become involved in their work, using my life experiences, and hopefully skills, in promoting mental health awareness and support. Yes, it seems that even at my age I can still be useful to others as well as myself. More information here : NHS England » Social prescribing link workers. I am very excited about this and looking forward to meeting others involved and more about this will be posted in due course. This is not a promise but an intention !

And so a productive day all in all, without any sign of procrastination from me and a blog post written and posted too, which needless to say, eases my mind.

Watch out for more, coming very soon. Oh and Happy New Year 2023 !


Links to similar posts 

Time and Tide Wait for No Man (wwwrite-place.blogspot.com)

It's Christmas (wwwrite-place.blogspot.com)

Happy New Year 2016 - 12 things I learned from last year (wwwrite-place.blogspot.com)

Another Year -Let's hope it's a good one. (wwwrite-place.blogspot.com)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral

To Where We Belong - Musings on a mill pond

Seventy Five Years On - "I Am Neveen" - A Palestinian Child's Story