Empty Rooms - reblogged

Reblogged from April 2010


Not much topical, intellectual or discussable stuff in my mind at the moment (well, not that I can blog about anyway )so here's a piece to keep the blog on a "writing" theme. The title could be substituted for "Empty Brain" if wanted.
Empty Rooms 
In the silence of another sleepless night 
with shadows from the moon’s pale light 
Blues and blacks shine through the window pane
Like shadows calling out your name.

And did you ever know
That though you said that you would go
I never thought it would be so.

I watch the moonlight in the place
where colours once bathed around your face
And fragrant flowers are in the air
The scent is here though you’re not there.

And I wonder if you know
That I never thought you’d go
But you did and it is so.

Morning comes with no regret
of  memories I can't forget.
Empty rooms and I climb the stairs
where clothes lie draped on empty chairs.

And I wonder if you knew
how I always understood
that although you said you'd go
I never thought you would.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral

To Where We Belong - Musings on a mill pond

Seventy Five Years On - "I Am Neveen" - A Palestinian Child's Story