I'm Back - though I never really went away

 Ten months since I last posted on here. 

Ironically, writing that I ought to have been keeping a daily diary since the beginning of the year 2020  Write-Place March 2020  Looking back at this blog since I started writing it in 2008, there have been a number of times that I have returned to writing a more regular, sometimes daily post, with various reasons for being inconsistent previously and also various reasons for making a pledge to be more consistent.  

I realise now that it is irrelevant whether I post weekly, monthly or 6 monthly. The important thing is that I write - however diverse the categories, length or form the writing is. 

Not that I have not been writing, this past year. Erratically, over the the weeks and months I have worked on numerous ongoing projects - a novel, a follow up biography, poetry pieces and travel writing - but never quite finishing one piece.  Editing and publishing a family member's biography was a pleasant respite from using my own thoughts and the mental toll it often brings.  

Twitter has been useful for looking more deeply into news stories, research papers and the views and knowledge of both "experts" and lay people, as well as a place to discuss and debate issues of importance to me and my family.  Facebook - which used to be a source of fun and entertainment, but now is more like a judgement on how everyone runs their own life by others who purport to know what's right and wring -  I have now relegated to using only for my community group RememberingMaltby and for the messaging service with family when it is more convenient than phone calls. 

So, here I am - back. With nothing particular to say in this post apart from my thoughts above, while I work my way back into the serious business of blogging in a worthwhile manner. 

Please feel free to peruse posts from over the past twelve years. I am always happy to know others thoughts and opinions on this and any other subject.

And look out for the next post. It could be something important.


Brenda Gunning 


I can be contacted at brendagunning15@hotmail.com  

maltbyblogger.com

and at the links above.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral

To Where We Belong - Musings on a mill pond

Seventy Five Years On - "I Am Neveen" - A Palestinian Child's Story